I like my psychiatrist. He’s thoughtful and actually listens to what I have to say. That being said, there are a lot of important questions him and other psychiatrists rarely ask.
- When was the last time you showered or bathed?
- How long does it take you to work up the courage to shower?
- Do you eat three healthy meals a day?
- Are you emotionally able to prepare a healthy meal?
- How often do you leave your apartment each week?
- When was the last time you left your apartment, other than for appointments?
- How long is the time between washing dishes?
- What is your favourite activity? How long has it been since you did this activity?
- How much sleep do you get a night?
- How often do you wake up during the night? And for how long?
- Do you forget things regularly? Have other people commented on it?
- When was the last time you cleaned your home?
- Are you a hoarder?
- Do you remember to take your pills regularly? How do you keep track of when you’ve taken them?
If you have any additional questions for psychiatrists, please leave them in the comments section. I think I had more but I’ve forgotten them.